Celebrating 40 Years of Service!
The Patrician Society provides help for elderly people on fixed incomes, homeless persons, parents who receive public assistance while caring for children, residents of boarding homes, recently unemployed and underemployed family breadwinners and others in need. We have been serving the economically marginalized community in the greater Norristown since 1981.
The food cupboard is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
The Patrician Society celebrates its 40th Anniversary on November 17!
In lieu of a celebratory gathering (due to Covid-19 restrictions), our Board of Directors is marking the occasion with the printing of a Patrician Society History Book/Cookbook. We are offering the opportunity to purchase the book (for – appropriately – $40.00!) before supplies run out.
We are very grateful for all of the support that we have enjoyed over the past four decades!
Emergency Food cupboard
Provides grocery baskets for eligible households on a monthly basis.
Tuesday & Thursday 1 pm to 3 pm
Assists qualified families with funding for housing, utilities, and medical aid.
How to receive assistance
- The Patrician Society requires all prospective recipients to register annually. Each client family is assessed for eligibility for services on a case-by-case basis keeping in mind family income and assets, number of persons in the household, current financial standing, and extraordinary or unusual family circumstances.
- After review, the Patrician Society will allocate available aid resources as equitably and effectively as possible in order to best serve the most clients.
Ways to provide support
- Make a personal donation of non-perishable foods
- Conduct a food drive in your community
- Contact us to find out more about our various fundraisers throughout the year
- Offer a cash donation (via this website or a check payable to “Patrician Society”)
- Choose the Patrician Society as beneficiary in your workplace payroll deduction plan
- Spread the word among your family and friends about us
- Volunteer your time to assist in our food cupboard
- Like us on Facebook